There is rampant, open and notorious disparity in Chicago Public Schools.
NOT ALL NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS ARE CREATED EQUAL
NOT ALL SELECTIVE ADMISSION SCHOOLS ARE CREATED EQUAL
NOT ALL MAGNET SCHOOLS ARE CREATED EQUAL
this is just CPS
NOW, compare the best of CPS to University of Chicago Laboratory School.
this is where Barack, Arne and Rahm sent or send their children. what do the people who make educational policy for our children want for their own is a good place to start your analysis
I AM GOING IN!!! – Education _ schools – CPS
There are threshold facts needed to be discussed prior to a real discussion about education, especially public education, particularly Chicago Public Schools.
To begin, we must address that we as citizens and or parents have a right to quality public education in our city.
Chicago has a particularly twisted history of segregation and inequality.
References to what “we had, back in the day “, as good enough are not relevant standards as the playing field has and continues to change.
ACCESS TO QUALITY EDUCATION DRAMATICALLY IMPACTS QUALITY OF LIFE, SOCIO ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY, AND ACCUMULATION OF GENERATIONAL WEALTH.
1. Public education was designed to train workers. THE MOVE FROM AMERICA AS AN INDUSTRY BASED ECONOMY FROM A FARM BASED ECONOMY. That is part of why it is run like a factory.
2. Black americans must get clear that they(educational elite and politicians) don’t want us to learn or think – “be able to fill out job application” PennyPritzker, former CPS board member and friend of PBO. Ramh Emmanuel believes over half of CPS gets aren’t worth an education and will allow for profit charter schools to exploit the communities.
3. We have to accept that we are the products of a factory system and learn what real education looks like.
4. We have to understand that changes in US economy means that workers aren’t trained for jobs anymore, but now are trained to be prisoners of the prison industrial complex.
5.The educational elite believe that certain people don’t deserve a quality education, because then no one will want to mow the lawns and make the beds.
6. To begin to appreciate what real education looks like – look were the powerful send their children. compare, demand and accept nothing less. &. the fight for education is directly related to systemic racism and income inequality
factors to evaluate:
professional support and planning
resources – library, computers, field trips, books, instruments
curriculum – art, music, fine arts, plus the three “r’s”
finally – think on this.
nothing is free.
your tax dollars are used to pay for the dismal excuse of education that is CPS.
this is happening on your watch